EU & UK
- Ireland’s Data Protection Commission issued a fine of EUR 1.2 billion on Meta Platforms Ireland Limited for violating the GDPR.
- Finland’s Data Protection Ombudsman imposed corrective action on the Finnish Meteorological Institute for violating data transfer provisions of the GDPR.
- Croatian data watchdog imposed a fine of EUR 380,000 on a sports betting organization for violating the GDPR.
- Texas Senate passed the bill on protection of minors from harmful trade practices relating to the use of digital services.
- The Governor of Montana signed the bill for an ‘Act Establishing the Consumer Data Privacy Act’. The act will enter into effect on 1 October 2024.
- Bill creating the ‘Secure Online Child Interaction and Age Limitation Act’ was passed by the Louisiana Senate.
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada submitted its recommendations on the bill for Digital Charter Implementation Act 2022 which include recognizing privacy as a fundamental right.
- National Privacy Commission of Philippines and Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data of Hong Kong signed an MoU to strengthen cooperation on personal data protection.
- Pakistan’s Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication published a new personal data protection bill.
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner issued its submissions to the 2023–2030 Cyber Security Strategy Discussion Paper.