- The Hessian data protection commissioner sought answers from OpenAI on the data processed at ChatGPT.
- Spanish data watchdog published a guide on compliance with regulations in the creation of data spaces.
- The Court of Justice of the European Union interpreted the extent of the right to obtain a copy of personal data.
- Danish data protection authority ordered the medical institution Statens Serum Institut to comply with the GDPR.
- The White House issued a factsheet on actions for promoting responsible innovation in the field of AI.
- Illinois’s bill regarding digital assets was referred to the Assignments Committee.
- Bill for the Georgia Data Privacy Act was filed with the House of Representatives. The bill would become effective on 1 July 2023.
- Attorney General of Maine announced that the Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc. faced a data breach.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- Furniture company Rentmojo notified its users of a data breach where attackers accessed identifiable information of its users. Reports India Today
- The Albanese Government will appoint a standalone Privacy commissioner to tackle increasing threat to data security and complexity of privacy issues.
- Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communication requested for comments on the draft National Standard on Artificial Intelligence and Big Data. Comments may be submitted by 20 June 2023.