- The Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe sent a letter to several Members of the European Parliament, the Swedish Presidency, and the Commissioner for Internal Market of the European Union, warning of potential conflicts between the Draft Data Act and the GDPR.
- The Italian data protection authority imposed a fine of EUR 50,000 on Azienda Sanitaria Locale della Provincia di Bari, for violating the data protection principles under GDPR.
- The Spanish data protection authority imposed a fine of EUR 70,000 on Telefónica Móviles España, SAU for unlawful processing of personal data under GDPR.
- A bill to amend the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 was introduced to US Congress to update and expand the coverage of the Act.
- Senate Bill 365 for the New York Privacy Act was reported to the Internet and Technology Committee.
- Canada’s Bill for the Digital Charter Implementation Act 2022 passed its second reading in the House of Commons of Canada and was thereafter referred to the Standing Committee on Industry and Technology.
- The Jordanian Parliamentary Economic and Investment Committee held a meeting to discuss the Personal Data Protection Law of 2022.
- Japan’s National Center of Incident Readiness and Strategy for Cybersecurity released two revised guidelines on the Development of Safety Standards for Cybersecurity of Critical Infrastructure.
- Philippines’ National Privacy Commission announced its investigation for an alleged leak of personal data that involves law enforcement agencies.