EU AND UK
- European Data Protection Board (‘EDPB’) published guidelines on the rights of data subjects.
- EDPB published guidelines on identifying the lead supervisory authority of a controller or processor.
- UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office imposed a fine of GBP 130,000 on Join The Triboo LTD for sending spam emails and violating the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- UK’s Parliament began debating the Data Protection and Digital Information (No. 2) Bill.
- California’s bill to establish the Office of Artificial Intelligence was recommended for passage by the Committee on Governmental Organisation.
- Arkansas passed the bill on social media safety. The bill will enter into effect on 1 September 2023.
- Tennessee’s Senate passed a bill for the privacy of genetic information.
- Indiana’s Senate approved a bill on the protection of consumers’ data.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- India’s Reserve Bank of India issued directions on outsourcing of information technology services.
- Japan’s Executive Yuan passed draft amendments to the Personal Data Protection Act 2015.
- Supreme Court of South Korea ordered Google to disclose information on sharing of personal data of South Korean users with third parties.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau of Australia issued its response to the Attorney General Department’s Privacy Act Review Report 2022.