EU AND UK
- Spanish data protection authority released a blog titled “AI: System vs Processing, Means vs Purposes”.
- Guernsey’s data protection authority published personal data breach statistics.
- Germany’s data watchdog published a statement regarding the collection of personal data in the field of sports.
- Hungary’s data protection authority issued a fine of HUF 5 million for violation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Bill regarding compliance requirements for data brokers was introduced to the California Senate.
- Washington’s My Health My Data Act was passed by the State Senate.
- A bill regarding the statute of limitations under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 was referred to the Privacy and Consumer Protection and Judiciary Committees.
- The Senator for Missouri announced a bill prohibiting the operation of TikTok in the US.