EU AND UK
- Ireland’s Deputy Commissioner of the Data Protection Commission (DPC) published report on statistical analysis of handling of One-Stop-Shop cross-border complaints since May 2018 to September 2022.
- Guernsey’s Office of the Data Protection Authority released a factsheet for organisations, following the introduction of discrimination legislation.
- The Advocate General of the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) has delivered their opinion on the rules of civil liability laid down by the GDPR in a case referred to CJEU from the Supreme Court of Austria.
- The Italian Data Protection Authority has signed a cooperation agreement with the Georgian Personal Data Protection Service to promote privacy awareness.
- The Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York fined Shein and its owner Zoetop, USD 1.9 million after investigating a 2018 data breach.
- The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario published a fact sheet on ‘How to Protect Against Ransomware’ for public institutions and healthcare organisations.
- The White House released a factsheet on strengthening national cybersecurity, laying out measures to improve the infrastructure and making it smart and secure.
- China’s National Information Security Standardisation Technical Committee requests public comments on the draft of ‘Basic Security Requirements for Pre-installed Apps on Smartphones in Information Security Technology’.
- Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry has designated businesses that are subject to regulations in the advertising field under the Act on Improvement of Transparency and Fairness of Digital Platforms.
- Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Committee adopted guidelines under the Personal Data Protection Act 2019, on requesting consent and on notifying the purpose and details relating to the collection of personal data.
- The Australian Council of Trade Unions passed a resolution to address significant shortfalls in regulation and safeguards regarding the use and protection of employee data by employers.
Read our digital newsletter here.