EU AND UK
- Ireland’s Data Protection Commission submitted a draft decision to other concerned Supervisory Authorities across the EU in a large scale inquiry into Meta Platforms Ireland Limited.
- The Council of the European Union approved the Digital Services Act, following the approval by the European Parliament in July 2022.
- UK’s data watchdog issued a fine of GBP 1.48 million for using personal data of its customers to predict their medical condition and target them with health-related products without consent.
- Danish Data Protection Authority issued guidance on GDPR Compliance in election campaigns.
- Ireland’s Data Protection Commission released guidance on Subject Access Requests for Data Controllers.
- U.S President signed the Executive Order on Enhancing Safeguards for United States Signals Intelligence Activities, to implement EU-US data transfer mechanism.
- Data Access Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the United Kingdom has entered into force.
- U.S. Department of Justice announced that the former chief security officer of Uber was convicted for covering up data breach involving millions of Uber user records.
- Arizona Attorney General announced a settlement with Google LLC for USD 85 million for deceptively obtaining user’s personal data under the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- Singapore’s amendment to increase the maximum financial penalties for breaches under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 has entered into effect.
- The Israeli Government announced the approval of the decision on the independence of the Privacy Protection Authority in the Ministry of Justice.
- Philippine’s National Privacy Commission issued its statement on the SIM card registration bill.
Read our digital newsletter here.