EU AND UK
- French data protection authority published a checklist for data controllers creating health data warehouses.
- European Commission proposed for an AI Liability Directive containing rules regarding damages caused by AI systems, including breach of privacy.
- Government of Andorra approved and published regulations for the application of the personal data protection law and establishment of the Andorran Data Protection Agency.
- UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office launched a public consultation on the impact of the Children’s code. Responses may be submitted by 11 November 2022.
- The Facial Recognition Act of 2022 has been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives which places strong limits and prohibitions on law enforcement’s use of facial recognition technology.
- Senate Bill for a Personal Data Privacy Act has been introduced in the Michigan Senate.
- California Governor signed the bill on privacy in the provision of mental health digital services.
- Electronic Privacy Information Centre filed an amicus brief in the case of New Jersey v. Arteaga to support the right to know how the facial recognition system identifies defendants.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- India’s Ministry of Communications initiated a public consultation on the draft Telecommunication Bill, 2022. Comments may be provided till 20 October 2022.
- Japan’s Personal Information Protection Commission issued guidance to BIPROGY Co., Ltd. for violations of the APPI relating to the security of processing.
- Australia’s Cyber Security Centre issued steps for affected customers to mitigate risks after Optus cyber-attack.
Read our digital newsletter here.