UK AND EU
- Spain’s data watchdog published guidance for educational centers in situations that may involve the illicit processing of personal data of minors, and to prevent the publication of sensitive content of minors on the internet.
- The Belgian Market Court has referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union in the appeal filed by IAB Europe against the decision of the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
- The Norwegian data protection authority conducted a survey on monitoring and control of employees’ digital activities and published a report with the findings.
- The Dutch data protection authority released legislative advice on the draft Decree on experimental data management for the basic register of persons for transferring religious personal data.
- The Information Commissioner’s Office seeks comments on draft guidance on privacy-enhancing technologies to help organisations unlock the potential of data by putting Data Protection by Design into practice.
- Walmart faces a class action lawsuit under the Illinois’ Biometric Privacy Act for improper use of cameras and advanced video surveillance systems.
- California Attorney General has launched inquiry into Racial and Ethnic Bias in healthcare algorithms by requesting hospital CEOs for information regarding the use of commercial healthcare decision-making tools.
- Brazilian data protection authority seeks opinions on high-risk processing through questionnaire.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau Canada published a policy roundup of upcoming privacy and artificial intelligence related legislation.
INDIA AND ASIA-PACIFIC
- The Reserve Bank of India published guidelines on Digital Lending which elaborate on data requirements such as development of privacy policies and collection, usage, storage and sharing of data.
- Vietnam’s Ministry of the Public Security issued a decree on Electronic Identification and Authentication. The Decree enters into effect on 20 October 2022.
- South Korea’s Personal Information Protection Commission issued fine on S-Tech Co. Ltd. of KRW 6,000,000 for violating the requirements on security of processing and disposal of personal information.
- Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced the renewal of their MoU on the cooperation with the Philippines in the field of personal data protection.
Read our digital newsletter here.