UK AND EU
- UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office is scrutinizing a complaint regarding the justice secretary’s collection of barristers’ personal data that were going on strike. Reports City A.M.
- The deadline for using the EU standard contractual clauses nears as all transfers of data from the UK on or after 21September 2022 will have to be made using the new International Data Transfer Agreement.
- Poland’s Ministry of Digitisation published a report titled ‘Unleash the potential of data. Data management as a shared resource.’
- Switzerland’s Federal Council confirmed that the revised Federal Act on Data Protection 1992 will enter into force on 1 September 2023.
- Facebook agrees to settle the lawsuit against it for allowing Cambridge Analytica and other third parties access to its user data. Reports The Hindu
- Federal Trade Commission filed a lawsuit against the data broker, Kochava Inc., for selling geological data of individuals at sensitive locations like health clinics and places of worship.
- Twitter’s former security head accused the company of being deficient in handling user information. Reports CNN
- Password managing platform LastPass faced a security incident involving unauthorized access to the source code and proprietary technical information.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology published the draft Mobile Security Guidelines. Comments may be submitted by 21 September 2022. Reports Business Standard
- China’s State Internet Information Office published the ‘Guidelines for Data Export Security Assessment Declaration.’
- Chinese database storing over a million faces and vehicle license plates exposed on the internet. Reports Tech Crunch
- Hong Kong’s Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data issued a ‘Guidance Note on Data Security Measures for Information and Communications Technology.’
Read our digital newsletter here.