- Latvia’s Data State Inspectorate published a guide on the safe use of platforms in education.
- Czech Republic’s National Cyber and Information Security Agency published a guide on asset and risk management on security measures, cybersecurity incidents, reactive measures, cybersecurity reporting requirements, and data disposal.
- NOYB (None of your business) filed a complaint with the French data protection authority regarding direct marketing emails from Google LLC through Gmail.
- The German state of Schleswig-Holstein’s data protection authority published its opinion on privacy measures for issuing e-prescriptions to patients.
- The Electronic Privacy Information Center released, a statement along with the National Consumer Law Center for the Federal Communications Commission to impose harsher consequences on telephone service providers that fail to protect consumers from scam robocalls.
- Health Sector Cybersecurity Coordination Center of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services published an advisory on the rise of voice phishing attacks in the healthcare sector.
- Lamoille Health Partners notified the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights of a ransomware attack affecting 59,381 individuals.
- The Electronic Privacy Information Center sent comments to the California Privacy Protection Agency regarding recommendations to proposed regulations under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
- Sephora agreed to a USD 1.2 million fine over California Consumer Protection Act violations.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- Vietnam’s Ministry of Information and Communications announced new guidance for its cybersecurity law which includes new data localization measures.
- The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia announced that Malaysia and Indonesia had agreed to enhance cooperation and partnership in cybersecurity and telecommunications for mutual benefit.
- India’s IT Minister states that the new data protection bill will be presented in the next budget session, and the draft legislation will be out for consultation soon. Reports The Hindu
- Hong Kong’s Data Protection Authority arrested a suspect under the Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance 2021 for disclosing personal data without consent.
Read our digital newsletter here.