- European Data Protection Supervisor published opinion on the Inclusion of Provisions on Cross-Border Data Flows in the Agreement between the European Union and Japan for an economic partnership.
- Cybersecurity Act of Czech Republic amended to establish The National Cyber and Information Security Agency as the national cybersecurity certification authority.
- Information Commissioner published an infographic on impact assessments regarding personal data protection.
- Dutch data protection authority published recommendation for the amendments to the draft Reuse of Public Information Act urging the use of government personal data.
- National Association of Attorneys General urges Federal Trade Commission to increase obligations on telemarketers by requiring them to keep additional records about their activities.
- California Privacy Protection Agency sent letter to House Speakers opposing the American Data Privacy and Protection Act stating it aims to prevent the states from strengthening privacy protections in the future.
- Connecticut Senator raises concerns about advertising practices by Google, and requests information about its advertising policies and practices.
- Novant Health Inc. notified the US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights of a data breach which allowed private information to be transmitted to a third party from the website.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- New Zealand’s Office of the Privacy Commissioner seeks responses on its paper entitled ‘Privacy Regulation of Biometrics in Aotearoa New Zealand’.
- Taiwan’s Constitutional Court found that Article 6(1)(4) of the PDPA does not violate the intention of Article 22 of the Constitution.
- Philippines’s National Privacy Commission issued guidelines on administrative fines for data privacy infractions committed by personal information controllers and processors.
- New Zealand’s Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s CERT NZ published guide titled ‘Cyber Change: Behavioural Insights for Being Secure Online’, aimed at prompting positive cybersecurity actions.
Read our digital newsletter here.