- French data watchdog published educational tools on data protection for professionals in the amateur sport sector.
- The Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that the publication of personal data that indirectly discloses the sexual orientation of a person constitutes processing of special categories of personal data.
- European Data Protection Supervisor issued its opinion on the recommendation for provisions regarding cross-border data flows between EU and Japan.
- Latvia’s Data State Inspectorate published a guidance on the role of a data protection officer.
- The Electronic Privacy Information Center urged the Colorado Attorney General to draft strong rules implementing the Colorado Privacy Act.
- California passed the Assembly Bill for the California Age-Appropriate Design Code Act to ensure higher level of privacy protection for children.
- The Federal Trade Commission is requesting public comments for its rulemaking on commercial surveillance and data security. Comments may be submitted until 8 September 2022.
- Federal jury convicted a former Twitter employee for unlawfully sharing Twitter users’ information.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- The Reserve Bank of India released recommendations on digital lending that include provisions on consent and data minimization.
- Australian Federal Court fined Google LLC for AUD 60 million for making misleading representation to customers about their collection and use of location data on Android phones.
- The Central Bank of Malaysia provided reassurance on the safety of the national payment system following a potential data breach.
- Jordan’s Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship approved the National Charter of Ethics for Artificial Intelligence.
- Turkey’s data watchdog published a guide on good practices regarding personal data protection for the banking industry.
Read our digital newsletter here.