- The European Commission published its first report on the evaluation and review of the Data Protection Law Enforcement Directive.
- The President of Ireland signed the Communications (Retention of Data) (Amendment) Bill 2022 into law.
- The Danish Data Protection Authority published a questionnaire for data controllers to assess whether their use of cloud services complies with the data protection rules.
- Czech Republic’s Data Watchdog issued a fine of CZK 975,000 on the Ministry of Interior for unauthorized processing of personal data through the Quarantine app by the Police of the Czech Republic.
- The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security released the 2021 annual reports on Telecom Security Incidents and Trust Services Security Incidents.
- The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation approved the Children and Teens’ Online Privacy Protection Act and the Kids Online Safety Act.
- U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency signed a Memorandum of Cooperation on cybersecurity with the Ukrainian State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau fined the U.S. Bank National Association for USD 37.5 million for multiple violations including unlawfully accessing customers’ credit reports and sensitive personal data.
- The New York Department of Financial Services proposed changes to it cybersecurity rules.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- Indian Government withdraws Data Protection Bill, 2021 from the Lok Sabha. Reports Times of India
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India published a consultation paper on Leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Big Data in Telecommunication Sector.
- Bangladesh’s Department of Information and Communication Technology released the draft Data Protection Act, 2022.
- Japan’s DISCO Inc. issued a notice addressing a data breach potentially affecting the personal information of up to 298,826 customers.
- The Cyberspace Administration of China announced a cooperation plan with the National Cyber and Cryptography Agency of Indonesia.
Read our digital newsletter here.