- Ireland’s president signed the Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Bill 2022.
- ICO published new guidance on UK Binding Corporate Rules.
- The European Data Protection Board highlighted actions taken by the Irish, Italian and Spanish Supervisory Authorities on TikTok’s legal basis used for personalised ads.
- The State Commissioner for Data Protection of Lower Saxony issued a fine on Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft for EUR 1.1 million for GDPR violations.
- CNIL published recommendations to develop solutions for age verification on the Internet.
- US House Committee on Energy and Commerce passed house resolution for the American Data Privacy and Protection Act after amendments.
- Quebec government proposed draft regulation under the Act to modernise legislative provisions as regards the protection of personal information (2021, chapter 25).
- TikTok reaches USD 92 million class action settlement for improperly harvesting users’ private data.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau fined US Bank for USD 37.5 million for illegally exploiting personal data to open sham accounts for unsuspecting customers.
- T-Mobile agreed to a USD 500 million settlement for a class action lawsuit for a data breach involving 76.6 million US residents.
- US Senate Commerce Committee passed two federal bills to protect children and teenagers’ online privacy.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- BattleGrounds Mobile India banned due to data privacy concerns. Reports Economic Times
- Aarogya Setu’s data sharing protocol discontinued over privacy concerns. Reports Economic Times
- Chongqing Provincial Communications Administration published notice for apps violating users rights and interests.
- Singapore’s Smart Nation and Digital Government Office published third annual update on the personal data protection efforts carried out by the Singapore Government.
Read our digital newsletter here.