Apple Inc. were sanctioned a fine of RUB 2 million following a decision issued by the Magistrate’s Court of the Tagansky District of Moscow. The Federal Service for the Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media found that Apple had refused to comply with a demand that foreign companies must provide documents confirming that the storage and processing of personal data of Russian users be carried out in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (ANSPDCP) Romania, issued a fine of RON 14,8230 on S.C. Delivery Solutions S.A. for violating multiple GDPR provisions. ANSPDCP determined that the personal data belonging to 26,566 individuals was available for sale on a hackers’ forum and could be accessed by a link and also observed that S.C. Delivery Solutions acted as a processor for two different organizations and failed to implement adequate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data, which led to the disclosure and/or unauthorised access of the data.
The Office of the Data Protection Authority (ODPA) issued a reprimand to the Constables of St Peter Port after receiving a complaint. According to the complaint, personal data including sensitive personal data relating to the complainant was disclosed in an email to other members of the Douzaine (body of 12 officials representing a Guernsey parish) and to two parties outside the Douzaine. ODPA conducted an investigation and noted that the Constables had disclosed the complainant’s sensitive personal data without an appropriate legal basis, and without previously informing the complainant that the email would be shared with third parties. Additionally, the OPDA found a lack of relevant policies and procedures to govern how personal data, especially higher risk special category data, should be handled and shared.
- Japan’s Financial Service Agency has released its Code of Conduct for ESG Evaluations and Data Providers for public comments.
- Serbia’s Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection has issued statement announcing that 7 companies have designated a representative for Republic of Serbia.
- The Cyberspace Administration of China has issued the Measures for Security Assessment for Data Exports.
- A new bill has been introduced in the U.K. Parliament titled ‘Data Protection and Digital Information Bill’.
- The House of Representatives of the Republic of Indonesia has announced that discussions regarding the draft of the Personal Data Protection Act is about to conclude.
- The Shenzhen Municipal People’s Congress has released the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone Social Credit Regulations for public comments which provides handling natural person’s credit information.
- White House published an Executive Order on Protecting Access to Reproductive Healthcare Services, addressing potential threat by sale and transfer of sensitive-health related data.
- Federal Trade Commission has published blog tackling illegal use and sharing of highly sensitive data.
- The Chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform has sent letters to data brokers and personal health application companies requesting information regarding the collection and sale of personal reproductive health data.
- Cybersecurity and policy experts have demanded clarity on non-personal data before making laws on it. Reports The Economic Times
- Ministry of Electronics and Technology is considering a new regulation to replace the IT act, 2000. Reports The Indian Express
- WeWork India has resolved a bug on their app which had exposed visitors’ personal information. Reports The Economic Times
News around the globe
- The Prefeitura Municipal de Itapermirim in Brazil has alerted people of cyberattack.
- The Department of Indre-et-Loire in France has fallen victim to a cyberattack.
- Comic reading platform Mangatoon has suffered a data breach exposing information of 23 million user accounts.
Big Tech updates
- Amazon’s Ring doorbell unit has given footage to law enforcement without the user’s consent 11 times in 2022. Reports The Economic Times
Read our digital newsletter here.