A Data protection officer is a leadership position required to be created under the laws of GDPR. They are responsible for supervising, managing, and directing the data collection and processing requirements of an organization. They have to ensure all data collected and possessed is in compliance with the standards of GDPR regulation.
A DPO is also responsible for the educating the organization and training staffers of the organization about compliance. Data subjects may contact the data protection officer with regard to all issues related to processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights under the GDPR Regulation.
Key Responsibilities of a DPO under GDPR
- To inform and advise the organisation and the employees who carry out processing of their obligations to protect data
- To ensure data collected has a purposeful limitation.
- To monitor compliance with other Union or Member State data protection provisions and with the policies of the organisation in relation to the protection of personal data, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits;
- To provide advice where requested as regards the data protection impact assessment and monitor its performance pursuant to Article 35 of GDPR;
- To cooperate with any supervisory authority;
- To act as the contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing, including the prior consultation referred to in Article 36 of GDPR, and to consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
DPO as service
Data Protection Officer (DPO) as a Service is an outsourced Data Protection Officer service offered by Privacy Desk to help companies reduce costs on data protection resources, but still get the best expertise and a cost-effective key to their GDPR compliance.
We are supported by our team of lawyers and privacy experts, who will ensure that organizations
remain complaint with data privacy legislations and requirements.
Overview of our DPO Services
- Implementation and Integration of the privacy program
- Updating the Organisation on privacy legislations/ regulations and guidelines
- Advising on procedures, policies and agreements
- Training assigned stakeholders
- Advising on DPIA
- Cooperate and act as the contact point for the supervisory authorities
- Support on the operationalization of the processes related to data protection (data subject requests, data breaches etc.)
- Monitor compliance with regulations and follow up on existing controls
Benefits we Offer
- Connect with an experienced and practical minded team of privacy and technology lawyers
- Get customizable packages which are cost effective and tailored as per organizational needs
- Leverage your existing privacy program and reduce the risk of enforcement action