EU AND UK
- Italy’s privacy watchdog issued fine of EUR 2 million to a social network, for GDPR violations.
- French data protection authority issued a public recommendation on ‘Modalities for the implementation of remote monitoring devices for online examinations’ for public comments.
- The Communications Deprivation, Cyber Security and Privacy Bill tabled in the Greek Parliament.
- The European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity signed a memorandum of understanding to establish cooperation on cybersecurity and privacy.
- The US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) proposed amendments to better protecting patient privacy and records.
- HHS released obligations for entities covered under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 – Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules when using online tracking technologies.
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario published comments on the proposed regulation under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.
INDIA AND ASIA PACIFIC
- India’s Digital Personal Data Protection Bill to make justice accessible to everybody, says IT Minister. Reports Economic Times
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India published recommendations on ‘Regulatory Framework for Promoting Data Economy Through Establishment of Data Centres, Content Delivery Networks, and Interconnect Exchanges in India’.
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner announced investigation on Medibank Limited in relation to data breach.
Read our digital newsletter here.